Many students come to the USA, Europe, and Australia from Bangladesh each year for higher study purposes. However, many students do not know that we can apply for a one-way travel grant (BD to Outside) to the Bangladesh-Sweden Trust Fund (BSTF).
To be noted, it is applicable for students who have not received a travel grant from any other source (e.g., Erasmus Mundus covers the travel grant).
Here is how to apply for a travel grant to BSTF.
- Admission within 01 January-31 December last year
- Admitted to Bachelor/ Masters/ PhD
- No previous Travel Grant from any source
- Scholarship Letter
- Admission Letter
- Letter from current Dept. stating no travel grant issued
- Passport Pages Scans: Main page, Visa page, Departure/Arrival pages
- Air Ticket
- NID scan copy
- Passport size Photo
- Signature Scan Copy
Fill-up Online Application Form
You have to fill-up the online Application which can be accessed after you open an account in http://bstf.erd.gov.bd
- Applicable for only BD Bank accounts.
- Usual time for Application: Each year from
September 01 to October 31
A sample Template for Dept. Letter
To Whom It May Concern Mr. <Your Name> has enrolled at <your University name> from <Semester Name> semester of <year>. He is currently a Ph.D. student in the <Dept. Name> with the School of <School Name>. While he received full-time graduate assistantship from the <Dept/Faculty name>, it did not pay any travel allowance to Mr. <Your Name> for his visit to the United States. Please let me know if you need more information.