How to Apply for the Bangladesh-Sweden Trust Fund for a Travel Grant (BD students only)
Many students come to the USA, Europe, and Australia from Bangladesh each year for higher study purposes. However, many students do not know that we can apply for a one-way travel grant (BD to Outside) to the Bangladesh-Sweden Trust Fund (BSTF).
To be noted, it is applicable for students who have not received a travel grant from any other source (e.g., Erasmus Mundus covers the travel grant).
Here is how to apply for a travel grant to BSTF.
- Admission within 01 January-31 December last year
- Admitted to Bachelor/ Masters/ PhD
- No previous Travel Grant from any source
- Scholarship Letter
- Admission Letter
- Letter from current Dept. stating no travel grant issued
- Passport Pages Scans: Main page, Visa page, Departure/Arrival pages
- Air Ticket
- NID scan copy
- Passport size Photo
- Signature Scan Copy
Fill-up Online Application Form
You have to fill-up the online Application which can be accessed after you open an account in http://bstf.erd.gov.bd.
- Applicable for only BD Bank accounts.
- Usual time for Application: Each year from
September 01 to October 31
A sample Template for Dept. Letter
To Whom It May Concern Mr. <Your Name> has enrolled at <your University name> from <Semester Name> semester of <year>. He is currently a Ph.D. student in the <Dept. Name> with the School of <School Name>. While he received full-time graduate assistantship from the <Dept/Faculty name>, it did not pay any travel allowance to Mr. <Your Name> for his visit to the United States. Please let me know if you need more information.
Leave a comment